While cleaning today, I found all of these things that Ninja had turned into toys and batted under the couch (yes, that is a bottle of nail polish). While taking a picture of them, ninja decided to reclaim one of his toys.
Remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned the excitement of getting my hair cut for free? Today it happened.
When you volunteer as a model for a trainee hairdresser it takes a little longer than more experienced staff, but in my experience the results are almost identical to haircuts that cost £30 at the same place.
That’s right, I went on holiday while not spending any money. Originally, T and I had planned to visit friends in France and the Netherlands, before I stopped spending money, but then I Iost my residency permit and couldn’t leave the country anyways.
Terry had already taken the week off of work and decided to take me to the south of England for three days. We attempted to find Couchsurfers but didn’t have any luck, so we used a Groupon for a local bed and breakfast for £89, including cream tea.
We set ourselves a budget of £20 a day for food and fun and managed to only go over by £1 for a grand total of £151 for a three day vacation.
Here are some of the awesome things we did on our budget:
1. Visited Wells, Somerset where Hot Fuzz was filmed and had a pint in the pub used in the film (not free, but awesome!)
2. Met the local swans
3. Toured Dartmoor National Park
4. Met ponies in Dartmoor National Park
5. Went to Teignmouth and walked along the Great British Seaside
6. Took a free walking tour of Bath
7. Found a store with my name.
8. Had my first cream tea – which was free at our B&B
9. Had a picnic in Bath
10. Admired Bath Abbey