I found a 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Challenge on Money Saving Mom and thought it would be a really good way to get the house organized this summer – which I always talk about doing but never actually do. I’m adapting the challenge to suit my needs – so it doesn’t exactly match up with the original, but here is my first assignment:
1. Get dressed in something that makes you feel great
– As it’s the first day of summer, my pajamas make me feel great. Real clothes start tomorrow.
2. Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and make a list of 5-10 goals for this week.
My goals for this week are:
1. Catch up on sleep
2. Avoid watching too much TV and make some time to cross-stitch
3. Make the bed every day
4. Find out when I’m getting my hair cut tomorrow- I’ve lost my appointment slip
5. Avoid spending money by making sure I’m not bored around the house
3. Set the timer for 15 minutes and quickly pick up the main living areas of your home.
15 minutes turned out not to be so much time – or the living room was messier that I am willing to admit…
4. Clean out your purse
-I did this a few weeks ago when I washed my LongChamp, so I just tidied up and got rid of some receipts
5. Find 5 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.