Yesterday I began a 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Challenge, wherein each day I have an assignment to organize a different part of my home and find 5 things to get rid of. Each day I will try to post the results of my challenge.
1. Get dressed in something that makes you feel great
Today I had to get my hair cut in the morning – so it was easy to do this!
2. Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, refer to your list of weekly goals
Today’s to-do list
1. Make the bed
2. Get hair cut
3. Swing by the shop to pick up some stuff for curry for dinner
4. Keep the TV off all day to focus on cross-stitching
5. Switch blog to WordPress
3. Set the timer for 15 minutes and do a quick-clean of your kitchen: wash the dishes/load the dishwasher, clear off the countertops, and, if you have time, wipe down the countertops and the outside of the cupboards with wet rag or cleaning cloth.
Normally I would watch an episode of Judge Judy while doing this, but today I listened to music
4. Clean out your refrigerator. There’s a step-by-step guide for cleaning out your refrigerator here.
Been a long time since that’s happened……
5. Find 5 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.
1. Used Pimms Pitcher that’s seen better days – trash
2. Matching Pimms tray that we’ve never used – donate
3. Old candle jar – recycle
4. Old jar of pickle – trash pickle, recycle glass
5. Old laser-dot toy for Ninja – battery went dead and it was cheaper to buy a new one than to buy a replacement battery – donate