Today is Day 11 of my 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Challenge:
1. Get dressed in something that makes you feel great
Today that’s a red Old Navy Skirt and a red tee shirt
2. Set the timer for 15 minutes and quickly pick up your house
3. Clean out your silverware drawer. Remove all items, vacuum out the crumbs with your vacuum’s attachment, wipe down the drawer with a damp cloth, get rid of anything you don’t need or no longer use, and then put everything you’re keeping back into the drawer in an organized manner.
This is one of those tasks that just never gets done. And you think it’s fine, but then you take everything out of the drawer and whoa!
4. Find 5 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.
3. Broken pencil sharpener – throw away
4. Oxford College Magazine – recycle
5. Make up brush holder – donate
After the challenge today, Terry and I tackled the junk drawers and organized them. Slowly but surely the house is coming together and I feel like it is a more organized place to live. That being said, 9 more days to polish it up a little bit.