Don’t be fooled into thinking that not spending any money at the weekends means life takes a turn for the worse. Sure, it takes some getting used to if your previous lifestyle involved spending lots of money at the weekends – like me – but seven months in I have learned to enjoy all things free. Here are six awesome things I did this weekend that didn’t involve spending any of my hard earned money:
1. Finally finished that book I started this summer. JK Rowling’s The Casual Vacancy has been sitting on my nightstand for ages and on Saturday morning I made myself a cup of coffee and stayed in bed until I finished it. I didn’t actually like the book overall, but now I can move onto one of the other books I’m dying to read. Next up: The Proposal by Tasmina Perry.
2. Baked my favorite Banana Oat muffins – that’s breakfast sorted for the week 🙂
3. Added up how much Terry and I have paid off of our debts during the month of October – a whopping £1428.93! – and colored in the Debt-O-Meter!
4. Made homemade chili from scratch using tomatoes picked from our garden – everyone’s right, homegrown tomatoes just taste better.
5. Made homemade steak-frites and opened a bottle of cava to celebrate paying off nearly £10,000 in debt over these past seven months. The steak tasted especially delicious as – thanks to the miracle of reduced – the entire meal only cost £2.34
6. Caught up on my favorite TV. This week at work was crazy with parents evening and loads of marking, so I made time this weekend to catch up with John Stewart, Heidi Klum and all of the other TV shows I didn’t have time to watch this week.
What was the best free part of your weekend?